The Essential Beauty Items to Use on the Daily for Zoom Calls
Are you all working from home? I do not have an essential position in my day job, so my company is still working from home for the foreseeable future thanks to Coronavirus. If you’re living your meetings out through zoom calls every day like I am and working from home, then chances are, you are also wearing less makeup! I know I am! BUT…there are a few zoom beauty essentials that have been a MUST on the daily for me – thanks to those video calls!
Today I wanted to share with you my zoom beauty essentials that I’m wearing for work on the daily while working from home! It’s pretty minimal, and not much happening in the world of color. LOL. I pretty much skip the fancy things and just accentuate some features so that the camera actually picks up on the fact that I have eyelashes and eyebrows, ha! Here’s my list of essential only beauty items for zoom calls, in no particular order:
- Moisturizer. When wearing nothing else on my face, moisturizer is absolutely a must, no matter what. It’s key to maintaining elasticity and also minimizing fine lines, but it’s also more comfortable! I have a lot of skincare favorites, no doubt; but I’ve been reaching for the SATURDAY SKIN Waterfall Glacier Water Cream quite often lately. It’s very lightweight, and a little goes a long way. It’s also great for all skin types.
- Eye Cream. I always wear eye cream, but usually UNDER my makeup. I am one of those people who never used to go out in public without foundation, concealer, and powder on, mostly because my undereye circles are so dark! However, I’ve been treating my skin better while at home and not covering it up every day – I am trying to let it breathe. So while I’m not wearing concealer on the daily anymore, I am using the (gifted from the brand) Filorga Oxygen Glow Eyes Cream, which has illuminating properties. It moisturizes my undereye area (which I desperately need), but it also adds a bit of highlight so that the darkness is less noticeable.
- Lash Curler. To make my lashes look more prominent on camera, I always make sure to give them a little boost with a lash curler. I generally squeeze for about 5 seconds, and then 3 more seconds or so at the ends. I love this one (pictured) from Sephora Collection, but it is no longer sold. Check out this one and this one for some good dupes!
- Mascara. The lash curler doesn’t do much for me without mascara because my lashes are blonde! They aren’t even visible on zoom without mascara! I was gifted the Mineral Fusion Volumizing Mascara recently, and it’s become my daily go to. Definitely a repurchase for me! It makes my lashes look more defined and fuller, and I love the formula because it doesn’t dry out easily and it glides on very smoothly. There are so many good drugstore mascaras though – read this post for some of my top drugstore mascara picks!
- Brow Pencil. Just like my eyelashes, my eyebrows don’t even show up on camera without filling them in. My brows are super light-colored and sparse. (Thanks, thyroid.) I am currently loving the Wet n Wild Ultimate Brow Micro Eyebrow Pencil, (2 pack), but I also use the e.l.f. Ultra-Precise Brow Pencil and the NYX Cosmetics Micro Brow Pencil on repeat! They are all great quality and just as great at their more expensive counterparts.
- Lip Gloss. Sometimes I skip this one, but when I wear it, I love this one from Sephora – it comes in different colors. The one I use most is in shade Outrageous, which is ironically not outrageous at all. It’s a very pretty nude, and super glossy, so it looks like you’re more put together on camera! Also, I LOVE the tingling minty sensation from it, because it’s also a limp plumper! If you haven’t tried this collection yet, now’s the time.
Those six items above are my everyday zoom beauty essentials. However, if I have client calls scheduled, I usually try and kick it up a notch with a little more makeup! If I’m trying to look a little more flawless, then I will add these items to my routine:
- Foundation – Love the NYX beauty BB beauty balm for a light feel with great coverage.
- Concealer – The Maybelline Fit Me Liquid Concealer is an all-time fave.
- Powder – The Becca Hydra-Mist Set & Refresh Powder is FAB and has a dewy finish!
- Blush – for staying power, use the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush.
- Highlighter – my holy grail highlighter is the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector.
Note: I add these in addition to the essential items. *WINK WINK*.
It takes me about 5 minutes to get my face ready every morning, and I LOVE it! Anyone else in the same boat and enjoying less time getting ready and less time commuting? It’s been a game changer for me!
What are your essential makeup items for your zoom calls? I’d love to hear what products you’re wearing even when you’re not in person with co-workers every day!
Jill Cappaert is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to www.amazon.com. For more information, please visit our disclaimer policy page.