Happy 1 Year Blogiversary, Kentucky Makeup Junkie!
If you follow me over on Instagram, then you might have remembered seeing a recent post I did recently on July 6th – that date is special to me because it’s the day this blog turned a year old! YAY! Happy Blogiversary to me! *celebration dance* I have learned SO MUCH in my first year as a blogger! It’s been an UNREAL experience full of fun, success, and yes, failure. HAHA. I expected it all. What I didn’t expect was the amazing friendships that I was about to make! (And if you’re curious, you can check out my very first beauty post from a year ago right here!) And STAY TUNED…there is a surprise for you at the end of this post!
So to celebrate my first year of blogging, I wanted to share with you all some of my favorite bloggers and blog friends that have either inspired me and/or befriended me! This is an AMAZING group of women and they all have wonderful blogs worth checking out! In no particular order, (drumroll please)…
1. www.twinsmommy.com – If you happen to be a freelance writer and/or mompreneur, then you’ve maybe already heard the name Elna Cain. Elna has a few websites, but I’ve been a huge fan of Twins Mommy since day 1. As you can imagine, Elna is busy a SAHM of twins and balances her freelance writing career and blogs as well. I don’t know how she does it! But she writes often about HOW she does it and really breaks things down in a realistic way to show you how you can do it, too!
Her blog is so informative. Actually, it was Elna’s blog that helped inspire me to take on a few freelance writing projects when I was looking for a little something extra. Although I’m not a full-time writer or blogger, her blog gave me the confidence that I needed to be able to reach out to companies and work on side projects that I was interested it. Thanks for your help, Elna!
2. www.mommyhasntshowered.com – I found Renee from Mommy Hasn’t Showered when I was scrolling through Instagram one day. Her content seriously made me LOL – it was so “real life” in an app full of not-so-real life posed pictures. Renee’s IG feed revealed the truth about mom life – it’s not always the perfectly lit photo, the most amazing backdrop, or only photographing milestones in the life of the littles. It’s the simple day-to-day happenings that she posts and blogs about, and I CANNOT LOVE THIS MORE.
Let’s get real – you can be as fake as you wanna be on the internet. But Renee is the real deal and doesn’t sugar coat anything. Now I’m proud to call this girl my dear friend, she IS my mom tribe. We chat on the phone often! I highly encourage you to check out her blog and follow her on social media – you’re gonna get some wonderful mom inspiration as well as a healthy dose of big laughs on the side!
3. www.caitlincosmetologist.com – I was introduced to Caitlin through some mutual blogger groups and immediately knew this girl was going to be one of “my people”! First off, she’s a beauty blogger like me. So we are constantly chatting about makeup and telling each other which products we like and don’t like! It’s fun to do this with someone who’s as into beauty products as I am. Haha. Also, Caitlin is a licensed cosmetologist, so she’s INCREDIBLY knowledgeable, which means she has killer product reviews on her blog and her Instagram. I love that! She also blogs about fashion and has a whole new wellness are that she’s debuted on her blog, so I’m excited to see more!
4. www.uniquelywomen.net – I found Nicole’s blog when I was looking for helpful advice on anything blog related. Whether it was figuring out social media, switching blog hosts, working with brands…there was so much I needed to learn. Nicole’s blog was by far one of the most helpful I found out there.
Not only that, but Nicole also runs an amazing Facebook group called Blogging 101 that’s just as helpful! We started to chat and work together, so we created another FB group together called Bloggers Unite on Pinterest, which is very quickly growing and already has nearly 4,000 members! I now co-moderate her blog group as well! Nicole is one of the most friendly and most helpful people I’ve met. You’ll see that quickly on her blog! If you’re a blogger or thinking about becoming one, she’s a great coach that’ll lead you through it!
5. www.megoonthego.com – When I first thought about blogging, I knew I wanted to talk about beauty and share makeup tips/reviews and tutorials. BUT I also wanted to be able to share stuff about momming, fashion, and anything else that I wanted. But was this a thing? Did people really “lifestyle” blog? OH YES, they do. I searched for blogs like I had in my head that primarily featured beauty. And I found it immediately with Meg.
Her beauty and lifestyle blog did not only have the type of content mix that I had wanted for my own, but she’s just so fun and spunky that you can’t help but get sucked into her great posts and videos! She always has amazing tips and reviews and is one of the sweetest and most fun people I’ve ever “met”! Her blog was my “tipping point”, the one that inspired me so much before I started my own. I thought, “this lady has it together, I want to do this, too!”. She’s been such an inspiration to me. And if you want a good laugh and even more great tips from her, then you should follow her instastories – they are magical!
I’ve made other friends along the way, many that are bloggers, and many that are photographers, influencers and even brands! It’s been an amazing year full of opportunity also! I’ve been able to participate in partnerships with many people including bloggers and brands! I NEVER would have thought that would happen within year 1 of this blog. I really want to say from the bottom of my heart – thank you to each and every one of you. Every word of mine you’ve read and every time you’ve shared my posts, it has really blown me away. And it has shown me that I can and should continue to pursue this if only for fun. Now I want to give back!
I’ve partnered with some of my favorite brands both large and small to bring you this SUPER fun giveaway for ONE lucky reader! This is what you could win:
- Set of 4 fashion stationery cards from Project Print worth $18!
- 1 pair of gold recycled guitar string earrings worth $16 and gold recycled drum cymbal necklace worth $28 from Lynne & Lucille – total worth at $46!
- Clare V. for Sephora Collection Penelope Pencil Case worth $22!
- Sephora Collection Blush worth $14!
- Sephora Collection Outrageous Intense Waterproof Gel Eyeliner worth $14
- Sephora Collection Sweet Perspective PRO Brush #47 worth $30!
- Sephora Collection Wild Bunch 4-Piece Sponge Set worth $18!
- Sephora Collection Ready in 5 Eye Brush Set worth $20!
- Sephora Collection Clean Up Nice Antibacterial Spray (Brush and Tool Cleaner) worth $15!
- Sephora Collection Beauty Amplifier Travel Size Set and Refresh Spray worth $9!
Total giveaway worth is valued over $200! (Disclaimer: all items for the giveaway were gifted from said companies.)
To enter, simply complete one or all tasks below in the Rafflecopter widget! The more tasks you complete, the higher your chances of winning! Please read full rules below. This particular giveaway is open to U.S. and Canada residents only. Void where prohibited.
To enter the giveaway, entrants will need to complete at least one of the tasks as seen here on the Rafflecopter widget. A point is earned for every task and the more tasks you complete, the better your chances of winning. No purchase is required. This giveaway is not in any way endorsed by Sephora, Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter. Actual list of products in the giveaway are listed above in this blog post. The makeup and jewelry bundle giveaway is to be fulfilled by Kentucky Makeup Junkie and not by any brand or seller mentioned in this giveaway. This particular giveaway is open to US and Canada residents only and you must be 18 years of age or older to enter. Void where prohibited. This giveaway starts on the evening of 8/01/17 and will end on 8/11/17. The winner will be selected at random by the Rafflecopter widget from the list of entrants that complete tasks. The winner will be notified via email within 24 hours of the close of the giveaway. If the prize is unclaimed via email within 48 hours of notification, then the winner will relinquish the prize and a new winner’s name will be drawn at random from Rafflecopter. Winner is responsible for reporting the value of his/her prize when and if required. Kentucky Makeup Junkie reserves the right to obtain and publicize the winner’s name. Kentucky Makeup Junkie is responsible for mailing the prize to the address given by said winner at no cost to the winner. The address of the winner cannot be a P.O. Box. If the items arrive damaged, or are lost, stolen or misplaced, they will not be replaced by Kentucky Makeup Junkie or any other partnered seller. However, a tracking number will be provided at no cost to you to monitor your package. By entering this contest, you are stating agreement to these rules.
Thank you again for your support in the last year – this has been an amazing journey and I can’t wait to see what the next year brings!