and why you’ll love them also!
It’s so hard to believe that yet another year is already upon us and the first month is already over! WOW! Last year I rounded up my top favorite beauty products of 2016, and since it was such a popular post, I knew I had to do it again! 2017 brought a TON of great products my way – some brand new and some that were out for awhile but were new to me! So without further adieu, I give you my vote of best beauty products of 2017 – both high end and from the drugstore!
In no particular order…. here we go!
This post has not been sponsored, all ideas and reviews are 100% my own. However, this post contains some affiliate links where I may earn a small commission if you make a purchase (at NO extra cost to you). Any income earned is used to keep www.kymakeupjunkie.com up and running. Please see details below or visit my disclaimer page.
1. Rimmel Scandaleyes Retroglam Mascara – I have had this mascara on repeat all year. I first bought it when I realized I had never tried any Rimmel mascaras, and this one happened to be on sale for a whopping $3.99. WHAT?? Come again? Yes, you read that correctly. It was dirt cheap. I’ll admit I had very low expectations. Yet I was blown away. The brush on this reminds me of higher end brands (like Too Faced) and gave my lashes body and volume that I didn’t know they had. And this formula seems to last so much longer than others that dry out quickly! This is a must try! I feel like I never hear other bloggers or people talking about it – maybe it’s hidden gem!
2. L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Washable Mascara – another mascara? yep. This is another drugstore goodie! I paid $8.99 and it was worth EVERY single penny. This stuff defined every single hair on my lash line and then some! After a few coats, it looks like I’m wearing falsies, and I’ve never had that effect from a drugstore brand! My ONLY complaint was that I felt it dried out a little sooner than other brands. BUT it does not stop me from buying it again and again. LOVE this stuff.
3. L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Glow Foundation – Loreal, I love you. And this foundation has been a lifesaver for me this year. I have combination/dry skin and I have LOVED this formula. It is buildable and has medium coverage but looks very natural on and gives a soft glow without making me look oily. And because my skin is often dry, it never gets flaky with this stuff! It’s definitely my everyday go-to foundation.
4. Wet N Wild Photo Focus Concealer – Last year, I chose the Maybelline FitMe as my concealer of choice in this post. It’s still at the top of my list! But I’d heard Photofocus was great, so I gave it a try one day, and you know what? I’ve found the two formulas to be very similar! I think the FitMe is a bit creamier and the Photofocus maybe a bit powder-y in the dry-down if that makes sense, but they are both FAB products and I use them both interchangeably all the time! Also, you cannot beat the price of the Photofocus!
5. Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons Eyeshadow Palette – are you tired of hearing me talk about this yet? I wrote this review post on this palette this year so you can see why I love it! Yes, it’s pricy, but the formula blends perfectly and the colors are so pigmented! It won’t let you down!
6. Makeup Revolution Highlighter Vivid Baked Highlighter – I love me some highlighters. As a matter of fact, I tend to wear it even when I’m not wearing any other makeup! I had never tried Makeup Revolution before, but when I swatched this highlighter at Ulta one day and saw how pigmented it was for only $6, I knew it had to be mine! To be honest, I hate the packaging. I broke it almost immediately, but the formula is fab and I’ve been wearing this stuff on the daily since I bought it! **Tip – this is cheaper at Ulta vs. Amazon!**
7. Real Techniques Expert Face Brush – Where, oh where would I be without this tool? I love Real Techniques. This foundation brush is the perfect applicator for any of my liquid formulas. It blends flawlessly and the hairs never shed, even when I am cleaning it. It’s a must have in my book!
8. Sephora Collection Show Curl XL Lash Curler – I have always used a standard eyelash curler. I don’t think I knew what I was missing until I got this bad boy. It looks like a normal lash curler on the outside, but if you look closely you can see that the actual clamp part is more curved, so it creates a more dramatic curl on your lashes. This things makes a HUGE difference and I will never go back to a regular lash curler! And it comes with replacement pads.
9. NYX Micro Brow Pencil – I don’t ever leave the house without doing my brows. I just have to. They are so light colored that it looks like I don’t have any if I don’t define them. While I will say that there lots of brow products out there that I like and have tried, this one is hands down my holy grail. It’s an easy dupe for the high end Anastasia Brow Wiz, so why spend over twice as much when this stuff is so fab? Loreal, Maybelline and Revlon have great similar products, but the Nyx one won in my book for two reasons: 1, it comes in a better range of colors, and this one matches me perfectly, and 2. this one lasted way longer than the others even after using It every single day. So more bang for my buck!
10. Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water – Last but not least, this stuff hasn’t left my makeup bag since I first tried it. It removes all makeup, even stubborn eye makeup, very effortlessly! All you need are some cotton pads. It’s so gentle on even sensitive skin and it even removed my gobs of Halloween makeup without causing any redness!
There you have it, folks! The best beauty products of 2017 (in my opinion)! What do you think of my list? Have you tried any of these and love them as much as I do?
Jill Cappaert is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to www.amazon.com. For more information, please visit our disclaimer policy page.