Transitional Fall Makeup
Hey friends! I tried out some new makeup products this week, and I loved them so much that I wanted to share them with you! I am loving this bronze makeup look – it’s not only great for everyday, but it’s perfect for fall!
This post is not sponsored. However, it does contain affiliate links where, if clicked (and you make a purchase), I will make a very tiny commission to keep this site up and running. Visit our disclaimer policy page for more info.
Ahhh, yes, my favorite time of year! It’s the perfect time for a new look. I decided to give my hair a makeover actually so I went dark and short! What do you think? So send me all of your suggestions for styling textured, wavy hair – I’m still getting used to styling it!
Now, down to the makeup fun. You guys know that I subscribe to Boxycharm, right? It’s a makeup subscription box that’s just under $23 per month. You receive 5 full-sized makeup and/or skincare products every month, and they are all high end and amazing!
This month, I received an amazing eyeshadow palette with my box that I’m about to share with you! Check out more info about Boxycharm right here. I received every product listed below from one of my last two Boxycharm boxes!
Here are a few of the contents of the last 2 boxycharm boxes I received (click the pics to see the details):
GET THE LOOK:
1. Eyeshadow: Violet Voss Essentials Eyeshadow Palette – This palette is STUNNING and highly pigmented! The formulas blend beautifully and I am having fun playing in them! For this look, I used the shade “cream” all over the lid, then I blended “cinnamon” in the crease. I cut the crease with concealer, then blended “sand” and “terra cotta” into the lid/crease. I love the way it turned out! Such a fun palette for fall.
2. Highlighter: Laura Geller Baked Gelato Swirl Illuminator – Gilded Honey – This shimmery highlighter is the bee’s knees. Seriously. I love the light bronzy shimmer – it will definitely look great on all skin tones. It’s a powder formula (my favorite) and is easily buildable with a feathery brush. So pretty.
3. Lipstick: hMAC Frost CB 96 – This lipstick is so fun! It’s a lighter coppery color with a hint of shimmer. While I will admit it does feel a little drying after I have it on for long periods of time, it still looks great hours after application. It’s so pretty in person – I keep wanting to call it “sunset”. It’s a perfect transitional fall shade!
4. Mascara: Tarte Big Ego Vegan Mascara – This mascara is easily summed up in one word: FAB! The contoured wand is very wide and seems to grab every detail on every lash. It makes my lashes look much longer than they are, and also fuller. I can definitely see myself purchasing this again! LOVE!
5. Illuminating Oil: hWander Beauty Glow Ahead Illuminating Oil– This illuminating oil has been worn every single day since I got it last month! The super lightweight liquid formula is a shimmery pink consistency and blends with any foundation or moisturizer to give you a pretty luminosity for that lit-from-within glow. I’m a little obsessed with it – it looks great on, with or without makeup!
What do you think of my everyday bronze makeup look? I think it’s fun for the end of summer/welcome to fall transition – what do you think? Have you tried any of these products? Comment below!
Jill Cappaert is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to www.amazon.com. For more information, please visit our disclaimer policy page.